Daniel Negreanu explains the slip that cost him the 250k WSOP High Roller

Also super professionals you can stumble over poker slips at the green table.

word of Daniel Negreanu: In his vlog, the Canadian analyzed again the hand that has it repressed from the 250k High Roller WSOP, the tournament more expensive of all World Series, against the Bulgarian Alex Kulev.

The Hand of Elimination

The WSOP High Roller of 250,000 of the Canadian actually stopped 4 levels of the game. Negreanu entered late at the start of day 2, with the tournament around ninth leveland found the deletion below 13th levelat 40,000-80,000 blinds with BB ante.

On the Opening 160k from Kulev kidnapcalls Negreanu cutoffs.

At flop JTT The two players go in check to check in round 5that looks Kulev Place a bet of 400,000 and Negreanu Financial support.

on the 8thFlow Kulev announces everything in it, after a minute in the tank, Negreanu decides to call. The Bulgarian turn QT while Canadian with aJ leaves the tournament as 25th position.

How often does Negreanu have to be good

Using the usual pot-odds formula, we can calculate that percentage of times Negreanu must be Good because it Financial support both worth expected positive on the long Period.

After the all in From Kulev the Canadian has to put his final point 1.4 million chips for a pot that’s 2.72 million.

bonus comparator

This comparator compares the welcome bonuses that can currently be checked on the websites of Italian operators. This table is informational and the operators are displayed in random order.

So it has to be good [1.4/(2.72+1.4)]=0.339= the 33.9% Sometimes. Practical more often of a times out of three.

Daniel’s analysis

In his vlog Daniel Negreanu acknowledged the mistake and said he made the mistake hand fed to a solver.

“I have done my deeds in every street. Of course, as always in poker, a lot depends on the opponent. I assumed he was a young pro and Russian guy (ed, Kolev is Bulgarian)”.

The Canadian then he rattles off Exit received from solver:

“From a theoretical point of view, we played this AJ correctly. Preflop action is best, small three-bets are not covered. I found that interesting, although I don’t think it’s necessarily correct for us to address the ICM, but I don’t know if that was the case. However, according to the solver, it was called preflop 70% of the time and all-in the other 30% of the time, so there was some pressure.”

On the postflop Things are also clearly defined, at least until Flow:

“The flop is again a mix, the check-back is fine. Turn is a pure call 100% of the time. If he goes all-in on the river, it’s a slightly biased coin toss in the call direction. But basically it’s a coin toss situation. In general, I wouldn’t call it a slip, because it was a difficult part, really tough. Given that, if I could go back and have a little more time to decide, I’d probably quit. I was left with 1.4M chips and 18BB to contend with.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *